Promoting health and wellness throughout the community
SLS Centre, at approximately 325,000 square feet, is one of the largest multi-use recreation facilities in Alberta and is widely used by the greater Cochrane community. Facilities include four ice arenas, aquatic centre, curling centre, climbing wall, indoor turf, fitness centre, gymnasium, indoor track, gymnastics centre, high performance sports training facility, physiotherapy, food and beverage outlets, preschool, and many other physical and social well-being programs. SLS Centre is a not-for-profit organization and a registered charity, governed by a volunteer Board of Directors made up of active citizens and stakeholders in the community. The facilities are co-owned by the Town of Cochrane and Rocky View County.
Land AcknowledgementSpray Lake Sawmills Centre is located on Treaty 7 designated land which has long served as a site of meeting and exchange among the Îyârhe Nakoda peoples and is the traditional territory of the Chiniki, Bearspaw and Wesley Bands, the Tsuut’ina, the Niitsitapi peoples of Siksika, Piikani and Kainai Band. We also respectfully acknowledge that we are on the homelands of the Metis Nation within Region 3. We hold deep gratitude for the many Indigenous communities who have lived on Turtle Island for thousands of years, and whose land we have the privilege of living, playing, and working on. As we gather on these Treaty lands, we have the responsibility to honour and respect the four directions, land, waters, plants, animals, ancestors that walked before us, and all the wonderful elements of creation that exist. May we have gratitude in our hearts as we move forward in a spirit of togetherness, healing, and harmony.
Our Core Values
- Erin Wagner, CPA, CACEOErin is a resident of Cochrane and born and raised Calgarian. Erin obtained her CPA, CA designation with KPMG, and then transitioned to industry, holding senior roles in accounting and corporate finance functions in the oil and gas and power sectors. Erin is a sports fanatic, sharing her love of sports with her husband and children. Outside of work, Erin loves spending time golfing, playing soccer and hockey, and watching her children play the sports they love. Her favorite sports teams are the Calgary Flames and the New England Patriots.
- Catriona HillDirector of ExperienceBorn in England, Catriona (Katie) moved to Canada’s Northwest Territories when she was 12. Opportunity abounds in small towns! She was quickly recruited to all the teams – not because of her incredible athletic talent, but because without her there weren’t enough players to compete! – and so began a life-long love of sport. Katie’s favourite pastimes include walking her pups, running, and playing in the mountains.
- Christopher Lemmon, CPA, CMAManager, FinanceChris and his small but mighty team put the “fine” in Finance at SLS Centre! Hailing from a “small town” wherein most everyone participated in every sport available (so that each sport could exist,) Chris enjoys many sports, but his first love is hockey. Chris embraces the power of PLAY. “These experiences become our fondest stories to tell; I am grateful that SLS Centre is a part of creating those memories for the next generation.”
- Jory SandFacilities ManagerJory brings a combination of passion and expertise to his role in Property Management. With 15 years of experience in the industry, Jory has honed his skills to provide exceptional service to his clients. Straight out of Calgary, Alberta, Jory is a dedicated family man and sports enthusiast. He approaches every challenge with a sense of humor, (now ranked 56th in all of SLS Centre) making the property management process seamless and enjoyable for everyone.
- Jolee Coulter, CPHR Manager, Human Resources and Health & SafetyCalling Cochrane home since 2016, Jolee joined the SLSC team in 2019. Jolee holds a bachelor’s degree and a CPHR Alberta designation, and brings over 15 years of leadership experience from attractions and recreation facilities throughout Alberta – in a variety of roles including program development, people leadership, human resources, and safety. She is particularly passionate about making SLSC an awesome place to work! Jolee’s favorite SLSC activities include Zumba, swimming, and the farmer’s markets.
- Brooke SabourinPrograms ManagerBrooke joined SLSC in 2016. She has a BA in Recreation and Leisure Studies from the University of Alberta. Originally from a small town in Alberta, now proud to call Cochrane her home as she raises her family. When she is not at work you can still find her at the centre cheering on her children in their activities. She is looking forward to many more years of building community and providing opportunities to PLAY.
- DJ UlriksenAquatics ManagerDJ is a born & raised Cochranite and has worked at the pool for 15 years. She earned a Bachelor of Kinesiology with Distinction from U of C. DJ was a well-rounded athlete competing in basketball, fastpitch softball, volleyball, and swimming with the local clubs throughout her life. DJ enjoys quality time with her family and dog.
- Devin FindlayGuest Services ManagerDevin, a born and raised Calgarian, has spent most of his life participating in community and high-performance sport, most notably seven years as a member of the national development bobsleigh team. His unwavering belief in health and wellness has led to a career which spans over 20 years, dedicated to helping others enjoy and participate in this lifestyle too. Together with his wife Katie, Devin has two wonderful children, Rebecca and Spencer.
- Lisa HydeMarketing & Communications ManagerAfter attending The London College of Communication in the UK, Lisa’s career started in the print business, where she spent 15 years creating childrens' publications for a Danish company as International Project Editor. Her passion for creative writing and designing led her to the field of marketing. Lisa has been a resident of Cochrane for 13 years and is thrilled to be able to continue to place SLS Centre on the map!
Our BoardSpray Lake Sawmills Recreation Park Society is governed by a Board of Volunteer Directors made up of active citizens and stakeholders in the community. President & Chair Pat Findlater Vice-President Brad Nadeau Treasurer Ken White Secretary Mayor Jeff Genung (Town of Cochrane Representative) Past-President Steve Lappin Director Reeve Crystal Kissel (Rocky View County Representative) Director Carol Erikson Director Karen Tereposky